Indefinite Leave to Remain
What Are The Benefits Of An Indefinite Leave To Remain Visa?
The Indefinite Leave to Remain, or the UK Settlement Visa,isan excellent opportunity to advance your secure status in the UK. The highly qualified lawyers at A Y & J Solicitors are very familiar with the application process for thisoption, and have successfully helped many grateful clients navigate through the process. From initial consultation until you have your indefinite leave to remain status in hand, these experts are ready to help and make the process positive and hassle-free.
Due to the many paths where working visas can lead to ILR, it’s important to check with an immigration lawyer to ensure you qualify. Dependent Visas and Partner Visas holders may also be eligible.
Who Can Apply For Indefinite Leave To Remain?
- Current holder of a working visa under PBS system
- OR current holder of a Dependent Visa or Partner Visa.
- OR a long term resident of the UK (for specifics please contact your immigration lawyer)
UK Settlement Visa Requirements
You must meet the following criteria:
- Have held your visa continuously for five years
- Proof of English language proficiency:
- Nationality from an English speaking country
- OR An accepted English language degree
- OR Successfully passing an accredited English language test
- Pass the ‘Life in the UK’ test
The Importance Of Applying Correctly For The Home Office Indefinite Leave To Remain
It’s important to have all information in your application accurate, and applicable to your case. You must pay a fee to apply, and you do not get a refund if you are rejected. Common reasons for rejection:
- Incorrect or insufficient documentation
- Incorrect or incomplete application