Sponsor Licence Renewal
Why Your Tier 2 Sponsor Licence Needs Renewal
Many Sponsor Licence holders feel a great deal of relief once their Sponsor Licence applications have been approved. The approval process has become quite rigorous and success is an indication of the significant time, effort, and cost involved in gaining approval.
After the initial granting of a Sponsor Licence, the licence will be considered valid for a period of four years after which it must be renewed. Failure to renew a Sponsor Licence leads to an inability to employ your non-EU workers, and will result in strict penalties and fines if an unlicensed employer continues to employ these workers.
At A Y & J Solicitors, we have extensive experience with Sponsor Licence renewals, and are available to assist you with this process.
General Procedure For A Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence Renewal
Part of the Sponsor Licence renewal involves submitting a qualified renewal application online, using the Sponsor Management System (SMS), and paying all associated fees.
Often the Home Office will carry out a compliance visit when considering a renewal application. This visit can be announced, or unannounced. A Home Office compliance officer can request a variety of information to verify that the company has been maintaining all compliance, record keeping and reporting duties. It is critical that your company is adequately prepared for this type of audit when preparing for an application to renew your Sponsor Licence.
Common Grounds For Sponsor Licence Renewal Refusal
The most common reasons for UKVI to refuse a Sponsor Licence renewal application are:
- Not maintaining all duties required for compliance.
- Failing to keep adequate records.
- Failing to promptly report changes of the company and workforce.
- Failing to promptly respond to UKVI inquiries.
- Failing to confirm genuine vacancies before offering employment to a migrant worker.
It’s important to note these reasons frequently result in the downgrading, suspension, or revocation of a Sponsor Licence in addition to the renewal refusal. This can lead to fines, civil penalties, and even jail terms. Sponsor Licence holders must uphold all compliance expectations at all times.
Preparing For Your Tier 2 Sponsor Licence Renewal Approval
A Y & J Solicitors can help so that your Sponsor Licence renewal application is approved without disruption to your business activities. Our expert team will handle all aspects of the application including:
- Full checks and validation of all documentation required.
- Complete audit of the Human Resources department to prepare for full compliance in advance of a Home Office audit.
- Expert legal assistance and advice in all areas of Sponsor Licence management.
Full Sponsor Licence Support
Our service extends to all aspects of sponsorship:
- Tier 2 Sponsor Licence application and management without interruption of business activities.
- Easy to understand explanations of all Home Office rules and regulations.
- Verification and processing of all documentation requirements.
- Complete Human Resources checks and audits in preparation for compliance.
- Full support and guidance to ensure that your business is prepared for Home Office audits.